Stumped with organizing projects, keeping track of document changes, and the email communication overload with regard to changes on various business projects, I started using the BizPad project management tool. Unlike Basecamp, ManyMoon, PivotalTracker, TeamWorkpm, Google Docs, and countless others that I have tried and abandoned, BizPad has had the BEST staying power for me and my team.
The primary reasons I use BizPad and find it such a powerful project management system are:
- BizPad is as easy to use as email
- it is fast as notepad to add and keep track of all my ideas
- it has the flexibility of a spreadsheet to organize information
- it makes delegating simple
Here are the ways in which I use BizPad for myself, with my colleagues, and with Virtual Assistants working on projects:
Personal Uses for BizPad. More than just a To Do List
- Keep track of resources. I have a project called Resources. Within it I create folders and under the folders I have items where I place links to websites that have the resources I know I will need to refer to later and/or share with others.
- My Personal To Do List for each project I have going
- Shopping Lists. Yep, I can bring this up on my iPhone while out shopping or add to list when on my iPad. Very handy. No way to miss having the list with me.
- Event Planning
- Content manager. I have uploaded video files, documents, audios, pdfs, spreadsheets and more. All those miscellaneous reports are now all organized..
- Establish who does what on a project
- Assign tasks to Virtual Assistants
- Communicate clearly deadlines and who does what with team members
- Q&A Forum
- Projects organized by a simple hierarchy of folders and Items
- Copy Projects which allows for creating project templates that can be used over
- Sends email every time a member of the project updates an item
- All projects in one account (hidden from others who are not members of the projects)
- Set priorities (indicate whether a task is super high, high, normal, or low priority)
- Attach and store files to items.
- Add unlimited members to a project (even if they don’t have a BizPad account, they get it free when you assign them via email to your project).
So whether you’re planning an event, building out a website, working with a virtual assistant, leading a course, communicating with clients, or simply trying to keep your work organized, BizPad is a superb solution. It is by far the EASIEST tool I’ve ever worked with. Their support is great and they are continually enhancing the features.